Wednesday, August 08, 2007

National Hooray for the Object Day

Here's a series of updates and random thoughts:
  • The Object and I get to keep our little 1,200 square foot slice of heaven!!! Having spent pretty much every morning for the last month trying to get the leasing office on the phone and making deals with them, the Object convinced our leasing VP that we only needed our rent raised $30, as opposed to the $300 (each) they were initially considering charging us. I do believe that he worked some heartstrings magic by telling her we were "getting married and that we wanted to save up for our life together" (don't go running to your mailbox anytime soon). So let this be a lesson: there are good, kindhearted people in DC; sometimes sad puppy dog eyes work (albeit over the phone), and the Object is the awesomest doer-of-stuff-that-needs-to-be-done-that-I-really- don't-want-to-deal-with ever. By the power invested in me by Blogger, I hereby declare today National Hooray for the Object Day.
  • You know what my job is now? Planning the housewarming party! I like it that the Object and I have a fair balance of power and assignment of household tasks.
  • I'm teaching the Object how to play cribbage, which is a useful game to know, since it's the only game you're legally allowed to gamble on in a pub in the UK. It is now his greatest aspiration in life to "score one for His Nob."
  • I'm a little sad that Barry Bonds made his home run goal, and disappointed that it was the Nationals who pitched it to him. I was kind of hoping that every pitcher for the rest of the season would have walked him. Tell me that wouldn't have been hilarious!
  • As long as we're on the subject of sports, yeah, David Beckham getting paid 250 million to sit on the bench is great for MLS, but you know what's much better?
Forget the part where it sounds like the coolest band of superheroes ever, and that whenever the color commentators on TeleFutura say it, it sounds even more badass. The SuperLiga is the ultimate tournament to draw a larger MLS audience. I mean, what better way to get a U.S. audience into soccer by giving them carte blanche to hate on Mexicans?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home