Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Goo Report: Jetlag Edition

Dammit, dammit, dammit. I got back from India yesterday and am rocking some epic jetlag. I woke up at 3 this morning, bright-eyed and bushy tailed. The worst part is that because I'm 10.5 hours ahead, there's a period in the midafternoon to evening where I would be sleeping and I drag. But once I'm over that hump, I'm wide awake again. I'm pretty sure I just rolled over that hump again and am wide awake. I don't understand how jetlag is so much less manageable than insomnia.

So I give you the fruits of the only thing I have the mental capacity to deal with at the moment: random shit on the internet.

  • Just in case you weren't psyched about Cancun and those climate talks that are still dragging on.
  • 1969-1980 Turkish psych-folk singles: In case the album artwork weren't awesome enough, there's the music. That reminds me of a picture I need to post that features a muschtachioed sun god. India definitely had its moments.
  • Hilariously painful animal attacks. Honestly, it's the sound effects that swayed me.
  • Sometimes I run out of underwear and am too lazy to do the laundry, so I go buy some more. Lazy, no? But this is taking things just a little too far.

4 Comments:

Blogger 3pennyjane said...

Oh shit, you're going to be rocking that lag through Orlando? The only thing I could suggest is to pick Miz Gina's brains for her secrets. Hang in there.

10:49 PM  
Blogger 4mastjack said...

You and Megan McArdle both, apparently. Sorry to hear it, dearie.

1:41 PM  
Blogger 3pennyjane said...

I like William Gibson's term for it: soul delay. One of his characters imagines her soul bobbing slowly eastward over the Pacific, being drawn back to her body by a thin silvery thread, and has to live in that strange twilit state until the soul catches up and makes her into a person again.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't even buy my way out of the laundry dilemma. what happens is, i get skeeved by worries that someone else has tried the skivvies on before i bought them, so i have to wash them all before i wear them - even the new ones. -ie

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home