Friday, February 17, 2006

Side Effects May Include Mopiness and Self-Pity

As I walked to work this morning, I wallowed in the dreary overcast grey of the morning, wishing that all lovers be thrown into the sea in the worst of weather to mock their innocence. I wished for one perfect desire that I could spend my whole life aching over my search. I felt the pain of a sensitive artist.

Then I realized the dangerous combination I had created: I was listening to Bright Eyes after having a root canal. Turns out all that aching was my tooth and the angst was lyrics. And even though the sky was kinda grey, it was still 60 degrees in February.

So I turned on the Kinks, and suddenly saw the blue in the sky and felt so educated and civilized because I'm a strict vegetarian on my way to work at a nonprofit. I'm an Apeman!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

So as I read this i am listening to a Madness song...
the one about sailing accross the sea to be with my uncle sam...
Bizarre..

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home