Monday, November 20, 2006

My Handicapable Life


I broke myself again. Oops. It's a hip thing. Undetermined time on crutches. Details unimportant. The downside of it all is that I can't walk at all on my right leg, so I'm dependent on on other people, which I'm not so good at. So far, everyone's been really nice about it, but I don't want them to be privy to my weird predilections. Take coffee, for example:

Girl Who Works Next To Me: I'm going to grab some coffee, do you want me to bring you some?
Me: Sure, thanks.
GWWNTM: How do you take it?
Me: Brew one cup of "heavenly hazelnut". Then dump 1/3 of it out and add half a packet of hot chocolate mix with the marshmallows picked out. Then fill the mug with skim milk from the fridge in the back of the office. Microwave it for 27 seconds- 30 will scald the milk and 25 won't be hot enough, so make sure it's really 27 seconds.It should be good to go then. Thanks.

Maybe I'll drink water for the time being. Or start training Kitty.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your injury. Hope you make a full recovery soon.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your injury. Hope you make a full recovery soon.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Karinanne said...

I too am sorry to hear about your injury! If I saw you crutching down the street I would definitely give you cab cash. And probably hail the cab for ya :-)

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home