Monday, February 26, 2007

It's Not Just ANY Diffractometer, You Know

This morning's Best Excuse Ever Award goes to Ness, who explained why she didn't get back to me over the weekend as follows:

"And I havent had time to scratch myself - we are smack bang in the process of commissioning the best powder neutron diffractometer in the world! Its me and two other people - except that I also have another instrument to commission with another two people."

Whoa, I know exactly what she's going through. I am also working feverishly to commission a new powder neutron diffractometer, too- if, by powder neutron diffractometer, one means trying to get a new perspective on my life and personal ontology. My current one is making me miserable- poisoning my career, emotions, relationship, friendships, "feminine plumbing" (eewwwwww!), cat, writing, dancing at concerts, eating and sleeping habits, and worst of all (are you choking back a sob yet?), my blog.

So, for the next week, I'm going to take some time to return to my writing roots, namely, writing in my diary about my imaginary boyfriends. And so, dear Gooey readers, I leave you to navigate the stormy seas of the interwebs on your own. But I shall return to you next Monday with a bigger, better, and even powdery-er neutron diffractometer! I shall be triumphant in my successes and confident in my ability to impart to you the wisdom I have learned from a week of introspection!

More likely than not, I'll spend the week trying to figure out what the fuck a powder neutron diffractometer actually is.

Either way, let's meet back here next Monday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's Monday. Where's the bigger, better, and even powdery-er neutron diffractometer? (Sorry, I don't mean to push, it's just that you roused my curiousity.)

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your week break is up. Get back to blogging, my down time at work depends on it...

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home