Thursday, July 17, 2008

Learning Differences?

Well, this is pretty damn cool. You enter your info into the search engine and you get to find out how walkable your neighborhood is, measured by how easy it is to get to local amenities. The higher your score, the higher level of eco-smugness you get to feel over your peers. It's the latest and greatest in social status!

My neighborhood got a score of 88, which gives me a very high percentile of eco-smugness to cash in on. That said, it counted the H & R Block across the street from my house as my local school. I don't think I need to mention that in casual conversation, though.

4 Comments:

Blogger LZ said...

I got a score of 68! Not too bad considering.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woodley Park gets a 78.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Right now I'm scoring a 92. Clare, you could up your score and make me supremely happy if you moved to Cambridge.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, my apartment in my old DC stomping grounds would have given me a score of 100 - phear the green. Unfortunately I no longer live in America and am thus no longer important enough to be able to rank my walkability. Woe.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home