Monday, September 22, 2008

A Brief Return to Normalcy

Sometime last week after I took the GREs but before I met with the Brazilians, NIH, and about everyone else under the sun, the Object of My Affection asked piteously, "When are we going to get back to normal?" The answer (although met with a look askance) was to hold on until next week.

Now that next week has arrived, I realize I have only five more days to prepare for a site assessment to Peru.

I'm starting to think that the hustle and bustle of grad school + work won't die down until I have a new diploma to stash in my underwear drawer (the current location of my degree).

The good news is, sooner or later, we all work out how to adapt.



P.S. Toot toot on the Goo horn. I schooled my GREs; I'm ridiculously happy I don't have to take them again. I've already begun the demathematizing process to forget all of the number related crap I learned. Fractornators my ass. Did you know there's actually something called a factorial? I thought that was made up. In any case, much bigger than my sense of relief is my supreme psychedness about applying to grad school. I didn't expect that to be the result. After I took the LSATs, the thought of going to law school seemed like a chore. But I can't wait to get into my applications, personal statements, and the like - and the worst part is, I'm not even kidding. Somehow, this seems like the right choice...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on taking the GRE's! Good luck with the trip to Peru!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home