Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I'm Just Not Sure It's Special Anymore

I was out throwing darts in the vicinity of a dartboard last night, when I met a guy with my exact same birthday. Month, day and year. Creepy, no? I always thought my birthday was really special, if only because it's commie labour day (you can tell it's communist because of the superfluous "u").

Here's what's even creepier: we're exactly alike. Well, there may be a few differences, he's blonde, I'm not (seriously, Karin, I'm not); we have totally different jobs; he's a White Sox fan (stupid south siders!) and I'm a Cubs fan; I've already lived in Costa Rica and he's not moving there until next month- just little things. But we both like cats and The Olympics. And we have the same exact birthday.

Can't you hear the Twilight Zone music in the background?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Actually in a room 20 people..
it is more than 50% likely that two people will share the same birthday..
or somewhere aorund that anyway..
interesting n'est-ce pas?

5:23 PM  
Blogger Ness said...

I was just about to add that! Actually, whats even truer is that 88% of all statistics are made the fuck up.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Karinanne said...

....and yes, you are blond. Look in the mirror honey....do you see blond?

10:46 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

I am not sure now if it is >50% actually..
however anyway point is it's not statistics..
it's probability theory..
:) the math is actually very simple to work out..
(yes i am being picky)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

okay math done it's 49 point something percent..
Yes i am a spod..

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well , I found out today , One of my Really good friends shares the same Birthdate as yourself,
You may have personally met this person as well,
He is Originally from Valdasa Ga.
and now in Oshksoh and probably a good 15 years older then you so. is it you share his birthday or you share the same birthdate is entirely up to you.

Your friend
Drakhen
However I think if it had to be one or the other it should be your special day. ENJOY it

8:44 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Theoretically, if you tap a finger against a wall frequently enough... it just may go through. Quantum physics is almost as fun as statistics.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home