Friday, April 21, 2006

What I've learned from the LSATs so far:

My house is officially to the point where I can't stand actually being in it, b/c it's so messy, there are cats everywhere, and they meow a lot. If my house is too messy, then I can't study. According to Big Teddy the LSAT guy, I need to study in order to do well on the LSATs. If I do well on the LSATs, I may get into Berkeley. If I go to the concert tonight, I will not clean my house.

If the passage is true, which of the following MUST BE true?

A. If I do well on the LSATs, then my house will be clean. No! This is not complete reversal and negation of the contrapositive!
B. If I sleep with Big Teddy the LSAT guy, I will do well on the LSATs. No, I think I'd have to go to Newton, PA for this one.
C. If I bail on the concert tonight, I will go to Berkeley. The premises do not support a subsidiary conclusion to establish this conclusion.
D. If I cannot stand being in my house, then I will not go to Berkeley. Yes, the transitive property through the contrapositive tells us this is true.
E. If I cannot study, then my house is too messy. Similarly, this is not complete negation and reversal of the contrapositive.

My brain is no longer my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home