Thursday, December 14, 2006

No More!

I'm on Day Four without crutches, so I think it's safe to say we're in the clear on not having to go back to them.

That said, without the crutches, I'm really no longer a cripple, which is sad. See, I work at a blood-related organization, and there are a roving gang of editors of our journal, Blood. Well, they all started calling me "Crip" and had I been on crutches much longer, we would have had to rumble.

Now the interoffice speculation is who would win in a cripple race- the exec director, who had her hip replaced in July, or me, who still has yet to make it to a full "walk" without people saying "Howdy Partner!" Next time yu're walking, try not to move one of your hips. You will suddenly be walking like a cowboy. I'm working my way up from trudging to a full-fledged amble.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're on the mend. I hope that you make a full recovery soon.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're on the mend. I hope that you make a full recovery soon.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home