Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Sad Duck Story

The other night, I dreamt that my friend Alex (the brilliant economist Alex) tried to give the Object a bunch of ducklings, but then the Object of My Affection ate them alive. It was a horrible and vivid dream; I shook the Object awake. "Did you eat those poor little ducklings that Alex gave you?" I accused.

"Huh? Wha?" As the Object replied, his breath wafted towards my nose and suddenly I realized where I got the idea that the Object might have rotting flesh in his digestive system.

Oddly enough, on my walk that morning, I saw Alex and told him about the dream. "Oh, I've got a duck story for you!" It's a very sad story:






I cried for a few hours until Alex kindly sent me an e-mail saying, "Don't worry, I'm sure the photographer who saw it happen took care of it. How could someone abandon baby ducks?"

I feel a little better now, I guess. And if any of you try and tell me that the ducks were saved only to get run over by the car in the background, I swear I will hunt you down and make you watch that awful slideshow of the Canucks clubbing the baby seals.

I do what I gotta do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home