Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ashes to Ashes (Via the Oflactory System)

So back in 1992, Dennis Leary lambasted Keith Richards for leaving us no more frontiers to explore in the world o' drugs:

I was reading an interview with Keith Richards in a magazine and in the interview Keith Richards intimated that kids should not do drugs. Keith Richards! Says that kids should not do drugs! Keith, we can't do any more drugs because you already fucking did them all, alright! There's none left! We have to wait 'till you die and smoke your ashes! Jesus Christ! Talk about the pot and the fuckin' kettle.

Sigh, now we can't even do that anymore, since Keith Richards has admitted that he has actually snorted ashes, too. Specifically, his father's:

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. It went pretty well, and I'm still alive."

The question that no one will ever be answer: Is Keith Richards that much of a cokehead that he would actually snort his father (likely), or is Keith Richards that much of a cokehead that he would concoct such a ridiculous story (ummmmm, just as likely)? Apparently no one has explained how the whole April Fool's thing works, since he's only now trying to pass it off as a joke. I guess it's funny in the same way that Phil Spector was kidding when he put a gun to his assistant's head. Funny funny!

1 Comments:

Blogger dara said...

I love Denis Leary. No Cure For Cancer is brilliant.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home