Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Too Good To Be True?

Here are three goings on of late:
  • So this makeup company is about to launch its line at Nordstrom, and as a publicity stunt, they're offering all their makeup for $1 today. I haven't ever used this product, and on the front page, they show a girl go from fresh-faced, freckly girl-next-door to girl-with-lots-of makeup-on. It makes me nervous when the before picture is better, so I can't really vouch for it. But still, makeup for a dollar.
  • We had a baby shower for my coworker, who informed us about the latest trends in baby fashion. Apparently for the 0-3 months crowd, one can buy hip hugger (it's never too early to turn that mushy potato figure into an hourglass!) track suits with DIVA bedazzled all over it. I can't wait for the SLUT version to come out.
  • Every morning, my landlord puts out a goodie bowl full of root beer barrels, Atomic Fireballs, or something of that ilk. It's nice to have a little pick-me-up as I start my walk to work. Lately, he's taken to putting individually wrapped packages of Ritz crackers out. This morning, I commented to the Object that such a small gesture really brightens my morning. He said that our landlord probably feels the same way. "How do you mean?" I asked. The Object replied, "Don't you think he says the same thing about you? 'Nothing like a little cracker to start the day right!' " Womp womp.

3 Comments:

Blogger LZ said...

Thanks for the tip! I just bought a boat-load of stuff I never knew I needed but its nice to have.

L

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps your landlord got the idea from Conan O'Brien. A while back (it's on his 10th Anniversary DVD), Conan did this bizarre but funny sketch where he starts his own boy band, and encourages them by providing them with Ritz crackers when they do something well, and taking the crackers away when he is displeased.

1:55 PM  
Blogger The Goo said...

Huh, I do feel an odd sense of accomplishment when I leave in the morning and quite disappointed in myself when I get home and the bowl of crackers is gone.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home