Friday, May 23, 2008

Get Outta The Library!

I saw Indiana Jones last night. A few words:
  1. It's been a while since I've felt so good about forking over $10 to see a movie. This movie is fun. Not good, fun.1
  2. The most disappointing part of the movie was the complete lack of the triumphant, full-out theme song scene at the climax.
  3. Cate Blanchett: spine-tingly. Cate Blanchett's diction coach: confused.
  4. When Ridley Scott was pitching Alien to studios, the story goes that he promoted it with just a single tagline: "Jaws... in space." This movie was kind of like that, but with Commies, too. And also, Scientology. And less Jaws.
  5. I'm pretty sure George Lucas masturbates to aliens every night. CGI aliens.
1.In the interest of full disclosure, I also like love Temple of Doom. And moreover, it's worth mentioning that generally, most of the flicks I get talked into seeing are Arthaus Deep und Meaningfuls that I would be just as happy waiting to Netflix. Or reading the book. I don't remember exactly when middle age hit me, but somewhere along the line I did turn into that person.

2 Comments:

Blogger lacochran said...

Now I DEFINITELY gotta see it! :)

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen that the Russian Communist Party is boycotting the movie due to its portrayal of Commie spies? Seriously, this is real.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home