I saw Indiana Jones last night. A few words:
- It's been a while since I've felt so good about forking over $10 to see a movie. This movie is fun. Not good, fun.1
- The most disappointing part of the movie was the complete lack of the triumphant, full-out theme song scene at the climax.
- Cate Blanchett: spine-tingly. Cate Blanchett's diction coach: confused.
- When Ridley Scott was pitching Alien to studios, the story goes that he promoted it with just a single tagline: "Jaws... in space." This movie was kind of like that, but with Commies, too. And also, Scientology. And less Jaws.
- I'm pretty sure George Lucas masturbates to aliens every night. CGI aliens.
1.In the interest of full disclosure, I also
like love Temple of Doom. And moreover, it's worth mentioning that generally, most of the flicks I get talked into seeing are Arthaus Deep und Meaningfuls that I would be just as happy waiting to Netflix. Or reading the book. I don't remember exactly when middle age hit me, but somewhere along the line I did turn into that person.