Friday, July 25, 2008

Fishy Pedi

I looked down at my goat hooves the other day, calloused and rough from trapissing aroudn town alternating between heels, flip-flops, and climbing shoes. As a toenail turned angry purple from a bruise under the nail waggled up at me, I remarked to the Object, "I'm thinking of getting a pedicure."

"Why not a mani-pedi?" He asked, less out of curiosity and more out of the desire to use one of his favorite words.

Since I heard this report, however, I've revisited that decision. There is no way in hell I'm letting fish eat my toesies. People can just deal with my ugly clompers.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to the beach this weekend, where there are no creatures that live in the ocean. Except dolphins. And maybe ponies. But that's it.

2 Comments:

Blogger 3pennyjane said...

Personal fave model blarg says that it's uncomfortable, too. "It costs five bucks for the privilege of wearing these hepatitis electric shock tickle-torture boots for fifteen minutes; if you're even a third as ticklish as I am, you will spend this time in the most profound psychological distress."

10:51 AM  
Blogger Spotted Sparrow said...

How horrible is it that I giggled every time they referred to the guy as 'Ho'?

Have fun at the beach. And don't worry, fish are only found in rivers or lakes, definitely not the ocean.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home