Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The First Rule of TestMasters is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT TESTMASTERS

I just thought I'd share with you the highlights of the enrollment agreement for TestMasters, my LSAT prep course.

I certify that I am enrolling in the TestMasters LSAT Course to increase my LSAT score and not for any other purpose.

Seriously, no one tell them I'm just in it for the green1 lifesavers in the back of the room.

I agree that I will not copy or cause to be copied or reproduced in any manner, electronic or otherwise, any of the TestMasters Materials, any notes based on these materials, or any notes based on the course lectures that I attend.

Riiiiight. What I'm about to tell you isn't based on any written materials or notes from the lectures, so don't worry about my integrity. But in terms of not sharing the lectures, I've gotta wonder why. Last night, I asked my instructor3, a guy called Big Teddy, if he was using "bad argument" interchangeably with "invalid argument". Hi response? "Yeah, I am. That's probably not a good thing, but learn to like it because that's the way I roll. "

I can see why they don't want you to share the lectures...

I agree that I will not engage in any activity in the classroom that would, by commonsense standards, be disruptive to the class as a whole or inconsiderate to other individual students in the class.

So this means I can't get up every five minutes to go and get another green lifesaver? I may have to rethink this whole law school thing.







1. Why only green? I didn't get that. Seriously, there were only green lifesavers. A guy named Stu with suuuuper sexy grey strands2 in his sandy hair winked and told me not to take them all. I think he's just doing it for the lifesavers, too. Maybe I can blackmail him into doing my homework for me.

2. Seriously, I'm not kidding. I think young twenty-somethings with a few strands of grey in their hair, but otherwise very youthful is very sexy. I'll probably change my mind when I start getting grey hairs, or when those other dudes hair ALL starts to turn grey, but for now, it's mad crazy good looking. Go back to the post now.

3. Actually, a very competent instructor who has that incredible ability to sort between the valid questions (ones I ask) and the ones that just eat up class time (never the ones I ask). First sign of a good teacher, a mon avis.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Bird said...

The reason they are all paranoid is that a while ago, someone copied all the TM materials and set up their own version. They used pretty much the same methods, and OGTM is now suing them for infringement.

That said, it is pretty ridiculous. But don't complain about the lifesavers... They could be wildberry or Mallowmars or something.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home