Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Pumpkin Day!


I don't understand why people get all hepped up about the turkey- it's a gristly, grainy, stinky, dry, non-delicious bird.

But pumpkin? Ahhh, pulpy mush of the gods. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin butter, pumpkin soup, pumpkin beer: it goes on and on, and it's all so delicious! I've had enough of pumpkin getting maligned by its not being the focal point of the holiday. So from now on, I would like to sing songs about pumpkin (I seem to recall there being one about 5 little pmpkins sitting on a gate- that's a good start) and trace pens around closed fists to make pretty pumpkins with smiley faces and pilgrim hats- fists are way more fun than open palms.

Also, I'm working out a version for vegetarian turducken. I'll keep you all posted.

Oh, and what I'm thankful for?
A. Trader Joe's organic canned pumpkin
B. The new Pepto Bismol commercial with the vaguely Optimus Prime-like character

What can I say? It's been a good year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home