Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I Was Screwed.

Joanna Newsom is touring England with her whole Van Dyke Parkey-arranged orchestra. I bet she plays an encore at those shows.

I secretly wish she would make a recording of Ys with the entourage she had at the concert at the Black Cat last Friday. The sound was pared down and not nearly as epic as the album, but it worked really, really well- much more like the Rennaissance minstrel sound she seems to be going for. It certainly warranted an encore. Not that I'm bitter.

Also, request of Black Cat Attendees at the upcoming Hold Steady show- can you guys not talk so much since my stupid walking stix relegate me tosit in the back? Alternatively, could people in the front maybe prop me up so I can get my groove on without crutching someone in the leg? It's becoming ever more evident that I need some minions. Fawning sycophants at the very least.

Of course, such a request leads to a deeper metaphysical question:

Is a Hold Steady show worth going to if you can't complete rawk out? There are no Cripple McCrutchysons on the album cover, leading me to believe that they are not included under the rubrick of Boys and Girls in America. Maybe I'm not even welcome at the concert?!?!?!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Minions" and "fawning sycophants" are hard to come by. You might want to follow Mr. Burns's advice when he declares "I prefer the personal touch that you can only get with your very best hired goons." Hired goons are definitely the way to go.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blame the Black Cat and their midnight curfew for the lack of encore.

3:49 PM  
Blogger The Goo said...

No way- I've definitely been to shows in the past two weeks at Black Cat that went on later than midnight. PLUS, the show was over way earlier than midnight. PLUS! The Black Cat kept the lights down for 10 minutes of audience clapping- they usually turn the lights right up when the show's over. I maintain there was something sinister afoot.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home