Friday, September 07, 2007

2 Legit

I had a few friends over last night for peach-basil sangria (my new favorite drink in the whole world) to prepare for the Midlake show. Lionel called around 7:40 to say that he'd be over in 20 minutes or so. He showed up at a quarter to nine, flush faced and excited from the side trip he took...

TO SEE M.C. HAMMER.

That's right. M.C. Hammer was one of the "three internationally renowned performers" featured in the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities' DC Grooves outdoor concert series. Now, Lionel has been waltzing around with a look of accomplishment on his face lately, having recently become a father and whatnot. But nothing could compare with the look of pride that he wore as he described how, during a lull in the show, he called out in a voice that echoed round the Woodrow Wilson plaza, "Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em!"

I know you're asking the same question I did: Nope, no parachute pants, nor did the flygirls wear kneepads. Apparently they're not proper couture befitting of an internationally renowned superstar.

2 Comments:

Blogger pia said...

i regret going home and making a good dinner instead of going to the hammer show. Over a week later and I still regret.
Hi there! I'm not stalking you, but just someone came upon you!
~P

1:31 PM  
Blogger pia said...

i regret going home and making a good dinner instead of going to the hammer show. Over a week later and I still regret.
Hi there! I'm not stalking you, but just someone came upon you!
~P

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home