Friday, September 21, 2007

A Fitting Funeral for Summer

In general, I am no fan of the Home Depot: no matter how many happy environmental initiatives they implement, just by the fact of their mere existence they can never mitigate all the badness they're wreaking on the environment .

And yet, I'm seriously tempted to leave work early today to mourn the last two days of summer in style: with a drunken watermelon spigot.

I even have a watermelon sitting on the counter at home.

Universe, are you trying to tell me something?

Sigh, summer, I'll miss you. And next year, I'll be back in full fighting form, ready to take on all the waves and rocks you have to offer.

Until then, let me offer a Public Service Announcement: Let me speak from painful experience and caution you that unless you want the sort of gutrot to make even the Taco Bell chihuahua wince, you definitely want to share watermelcohol beverages among a lot of people.

2 Comments:

Blogger dara said...

The watermelon spigot seems much better than my last ill-fated attempt at a vodkamelon. I'll have to try that next summer.

11:45 AM  
Blogger The Goo said...

You still have two days!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home