Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crime Spree

I love my job and am ridiculously grateful for the opportunities I get to make a difference in the lives of people around the world. But sometimes it's awfully nice to be back in DC, where I can focus my attention on matters of importance closer to home.

Most importantly, as the election draws ever closer, we must fight for our right to burritos and give voice to the people who prepare our frijoes y guacamole. I'll admit it; I'm a one-issue voter:
I also like to lend my assistance to fighting neighborhood crime. Consider this question from my neighborhood listserve:
[Did] you hear all the commotion last night between 10-11 involving MPD chasing a carjacker who crashed the car at 16th and Crescent? At least one of the suspects fled on foot, hence the numerous police with guns drawn, the helicopter, the K9 unit and the street closures. Anyone know any more about what happened?
While one neighborhood commissioner replied with this explanation:
...The Third District responded to 2425 14th St., NW for the report of an armed carjacking. Stolen during this crime was a 2009 Dodge Challenger black in color with Maryland tags. The reporting officers then broadcasted a lookout for the stolen vehicle. During a canvass of the area, an officer observed the stolen vehicle at Columbia and Ontario Road, N.W. and proceeded to pursue the vehicle. The stolen vehicle rammed a police car at 17th and Harvard St., N.W. Shortly after the suspect fired what is described as two gun shots at the officer. The suspect continued to flee and then rammed into a police wagon at Harvard and Argonne PL., N.W. The suspect continued to evade police officers and subsequently abandoned the stolen vehicle at 16th and Crescent St., N.W., after yet another vehicular crash. The suspect was apprehended without any further incidents and was identified as a juvenile. During a canvass of the area a handgun was also recovered.
I think this is a much more plausible explanation:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Author said...

I'm a big fan of burritos too. I was in Vancouver and I saw all these young ladies doing the landscaping. I made a mental note of it. Then I wanted a burrito, but none were to be had. Then I remembered the landscaping and realized there were no illegals to temp us with their flour wrapped deliciousness

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to get one of those dead cats; that thing is great! :-)

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home