Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Too Many Cats! Too Much Ice Cream!

So last night, I had more dental work. I think a few of you out there in blogoland are confused about all the dental work- I hadn't gone to the dentist for a very loooong time, but realized my dream of my teeth getting better on their own just wasn't happening. Now I have lots of work to be done. I'm trying really, really hard not to turn into one of those dentist-proselytizing types who hakes her finger and scolds how it's just gonna get worse. Eh, I probably will- even more fun than being self-righteous is being hypocritically self-righteous!

Sorry to slow you down.

I had a tooth extracted last night. Not fun. The Object of My Affection found me and patted my back, then took me to get a big tub of ice cream and butterscotch. He took me home, settled me in with movies, plied me with codeine, made sure I was comfy and left me to simmer.

A little while later, I decided to get up and grab some ice cream with butterscotch on top. Yummmmmm. In my codeine-induced stupor, I left the ice cream and the butterscotch out when I went to bed. As I wandered into the kitchen this morning, I noticed sticky white pawprints on the ground. I turned on the light to see three VERY happy kitties with orange and white whiskers.

That's a lot of ice cream for three kitties. I've been very excited to go home all day, but now I've reached the end of my day and realized that I have to go home and clean up again (yes, I cleaned up this morning, but that much ice cream is bound to rear its ugly head again) after the kitties' night of debauchery. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home