Thursday, January 12, 2006

Update

I thought I was fine after my pancake incident between the SUV and the city bus- just a little shaken up, but nothing that wasn't cured by a little red wine and the Object's cooking.

Alas, I woke up at 2:27 am on Wednesday morning thinking one of the kitties was stabbing me. You never know- Kat, my roommate and owner of 2 out of 3 kitties in my house, was out of town; maybe the kitties were pissed off. In my bleary-eyed state, other possibilities crossed my mind- the Object spent a lot of money on very sharp knives last weekend- maybe he had cracked and finally realized his folly and was taking it out on me.

But no, I woke up, alone and being stabbed only by my own body.

After the smooshing incident, I continued running, so I was all endorphin high and adreneline-pumped that I didn't notice the pain. That was Monday. Tuesday, I woke up and felt achy all over, but was too busy prepping for a workshop on Project Management to care. But my body got its revenge in the middle of the night. Sigh.

So, now, after the doctor's appointment, I know that the stabbing is the pain of two cracked ribs and a bruised kidney. Pretty minor injuries, but annoying ones... I feel like if I take a full breath, I will be stabbed in the back. Et tu Brute?

In any case, I went back to the garage yesterday morning to try and hunt down the woman and her car- no luck, the guard was very huffy. I'm def. going to try again.

So the lesson, kids? When you get smooshed, deal with it right away, and kick the person doing the smooshing, too, not just the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home