Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Time is NOW!!!! (Through Saturday)

Watch this:


Thanks. Now, go here, read the article, watch the video, and report back to me. I promise I'm going somewhere with this.

No matter what your feelings on Hillary are, you have to admit the whole thing is awesome. The commercial heralds a revolution in grassroots campaigning. Until now, peons average citizens haven't had much say in the process of choosing our elected officials. Unless you live in a few key areas, your vote- and how it is pandered to- has been pretty much worthless. But such interwebby technomology allows us to partake in the determining factor of our political process: the marketing. Also, it will render Iowa as inconsequential as it should be.

On that note, as those of you who regularly follow along know, the Goo has been nominated for the esteemed title of "Best DC Blog by the Best DC Writer". After a close call involving a "group" of commenters posing as the BeeGees, I turned to you, oh loyal readers. With your efforts and support, we squashed the Disco Mafia Coup and survived three elimination rounds to move on to the semi-finals.

Now we face our final battle: the voting. I wholly endorse the irrational and undemocratic voting process, which allows you to vote as many times as you want from any IP address, and there's certainly no paper trail. As a former Chicagoan, I have never been more excited to encourage you to vote early and vote often. Vote late and vote often. Vote in the mid-day and vote often. Vote! The polls are open now through this Saturday at 6 p.m.

Again, let me stress that you can vote many, many times.

HOW TO VOTE IN JUST FIVE EASY STEPS:
1. CLICK HERE to go to the voting site.
2. Scroll down until you see Poofygoo.
3. Click the circle next to Poofygoo, thus turning the circle (not Poofygoo) green.
4. Scroll down and click Cast Your Vote!
5. Repeat. Again, and again, and again. And then a few more times after that.

As you may have read, Time has endorsed you as their person of the year. This is your chance to use that power for a better cause- my personal validation. Don't feel bad for the other candidates who lose. As better writers than me, they can rely on their talent and accomplishments for self-actualization. I don't have that luxury, so I need your help.

I look forward to your vote and serving you as the Best DC Blog by the Best DC Writer. In the inimitable words of Theodore Parker Church, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but ultimately it bends towards Poofygoo."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you got third place. That's pretty good. I should point out that I voted for you in a manner that would make Bob Roberts proud.

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you got third place. That's pretty good. I should point out that I voted for you in a manner that would make Bob Roberts proud.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home