Friday, June 22, 2007

How Has This Not Been Brought to My Attention Prior?


Hey, so you know how the Pulitzer Prize Patrol had to create a new category of prize for Maus, Art Speigelman's beautiful work about his father's surviving the Holocaust? Well, didja know what else Art Speigelman is famous for? Garbage Pail Kids!

The series was the brainchild of Topps consultant and Pulitzer Prize-winning cartoonist Art Spiegelman, who came up with the product idea after the success of his earlier creations, Garbage Candy and Wacky Packages.

Does that mean my preteen dream of seeing the Garbage Pail Kids on the cover of the New Yorker could still come true?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mansard said...

Wow, no wonder the Garbage Pail Kids were so good. Thanks for sharing!

I thought I was going to save mine my whole life... along with an unopened 1985 Michael Jackson calendar... but now the seem to be gone... Wah.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home