Thursday, December 13, 2007

Why You Little Sluttforhandlinger!

Sniffle snuffle. Just leave me to weep into my pillow.

I don't want to talk about it.

Troy Perkins, you are a SLUTTFORHANDLINGER!

At least, I think that's what they're calling you over in Norway. And you deserve it, and it is also my new favorite epithet. Look, just because it's better money, a better opportunity, will make you a better player, and enhance the overall image of MLS doesn't mean you can just pack up and LEAVE ME.

SOB!

If anybody needs me, I'm going strip naked except for my DC United scarf and a pair of black knee socks and drink black and tans (closest I can think of to black and red) till the rest of the uniform magically appears on me.


[I suppose it's worth noting that Bobby Boswell and the li'l website that could are also leaving for Houston, and one has to admit- for a man who asked for a transfer, he's been a supremely class act, even in leaving: "It was in my best interests to move on. They found a situation that helps them out and helps me out. It was handled really well and just goes to show what a class organization United is... They gave me an opportunity, and I will always remember that. The fans are the best and I did my best on the field. I leave with nothing but positives. It was a great experience in D.C."]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home