Friday, March 07, 2008

It's A Blumen Good Day!

I love Earl Blumenauer. I don't actually know that much about him, except that he likes bikes. And I only know that because the Object came home one day with an extremely nifty neon green bike pin, which I immediately sniked for my own fashion purposes. Who knew that not only does Blumenauer champion fashion on the cheap-as-free, but he also champions bikes?

It turns out that today begins Blumenauer's pilot for bike-sharing, a sah-weet program that'll allow House staffers to check out bikes around Capitol Hill. If all goes well, those of us who don't wear mini-skirt suits and five-inch stilettos to work can get a crack at the two-wheeled goodness, too. It's hard to see the downside - not only do you not have to plunk down the megabucks for a bike that's just going to get stolen anyways, but it's a hell of a lot more reliable than the cabbies and the Laziest Strike in the History of Labor Relations.

And that's not the only awesome thing going for white people today. It has come to my attention that there are not one, but TWO blogs dedicated to the interests of my oft-overlooked ethnic heritage, the white-bread suburbanites of America. FINALLY we can revel in the diversity of Americans with Stuff White People Like and White Whine.

My whitey whine? On the days taxi hacks are going to "strike", they should also have to refrain from honking at you to see if you want a ride. I don't want a cab; I just want to cross the damn street.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After checking out that blog, everyone I know is now that much whiter. (myself included)

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home