1. Rampant douchebaggery. I swear, it's everywhere, in swimming pools, on buses, in offices, Everywhere! In a fine example, on the bus this morning, there was an open seat in between two obese people. As I started to wedge myself in between the two, and thereby make room an an already overcrowded bus, the man occupying a seat and a half told me I couldn't sit there because I didn't fit.
"Excuse me, but did you pay for two seats?" I asked, incredulously.
"No, but that doesn't mean you can sit there," He replied.
"Look, you paid for one seat, so that's what you get to sit in, and unless you're going to go and pay to take up two seats, you have no right to prevent me from sitting here." When the man made no move to go pay the extra fare, I wedged my little ass (which Scourge of the Swimming Pool once described as that of a ten-year-old boy) in the seat and took my time getting comfortable.
Now, before you all cry that I'm insensitive here, we at the Goo find all shapes and sizes beautiful. That doesn't mean that you have the right to take up more than your fair share of space.
2. Lack of sunshine. While I thank the weather gods for sending us rain and gorgeous thunderstorms that nicely complemented this past weekend's generally cranky mood at the Goo, I could really use a little sunshine. I'm at the point where I cry when I hear Louisiana by The Walkmen.
3. While this may be filed under rampant douchebaggery, Italy beat Australia. By the way, this World Cup has already set the record for most fouls handed out, and there are still 12 games left.
4. Someone took my milk that was in the refrigerator at work. I was going to drink it with a cookie. Now the cookie is worthless. WORTHLESS!
5. I got a temp, which is good, as now I can blog instead of working, but she's overly chatty.
6. Boys who slip the tongue. Ewwwwwwwwww!
7. I still want the cookie and milk, but refuse to buy a new carton of milk on principle. By the way, stores now require that you pay with money, so the principle option is out.
8. You didn't get that joke, did you? Hmph.
9. I am NOT on the beach in Guatemala, unlike SOME people. Most of whom are Guatemalans.
10. I am not sitting at home in my papasan chair, and thus unable to fully wallow in my cranky mood.
UPDATE: While at lunch (which was, admittedly, delicious, and it rained only when I stepped into Java Green and stopped before I wanted to leave), I thought of FOUR more reasons to be grumpy:
11. I have a toothache in a tooth in which I had a root canal, which should not be possible
12. They were out of cookies and milk at the cafe where I ate
13. People ALWAYS stop their cars in the damn crosswalk here, which pushes the pedestrians into traffic.
14. Why does toenail polish have to be SO damn difficult to put on? (Shut up, Dynoness).
I did also notice that I have a tendency to post about my grumpy moods, but not as much when I'm in a sunny mood. This is because the sunny mood is generally my default, whereas the grumpiness is an anomoly. I will keep you all posted as to when the sunny mood returns, since I know you're all waiting with bated breath.