Monday, March 26, 2007

BEST. MONDAY. EVER.

As soon as the alarm went off this morning, my brain started in with its usual obnoxious nattering.

"So remember last night," it starts out, "when I made you have that dream where monkeys cut your hair really short, like, Amelie-style? Yeah, I thought that would be a great idea, because you really do need to cut your hair, but seriously, don't go with that style, because your hair is way to fine and frizzy; it would never work. Plus, having monkeys cut your hair is probably a bad idea."

It's very difficult to argue with the voices in your head, especially on a very grey and dour Monday morning.

"Fine," I replied. "What am I wearing today?"

My brain singsonged, "I know something you forgot! You have something special you need to dress for!"

I hate it when my brain plays this game, but I'm a sucker for it every time.

"What is it? Is there some meeting at work I forgot about? I thought we weren't scheduling things for Monday anymore? Ugh, do I have to wear pinstripes today?"

Fortunately, my brain has a tendency to act much like myself, and it can't hold out very long in this game. Also, i think I gave t a huz, whatwith the pinstripes and all.

"DECEMBERISTS CONCERT TONIGHT!!!!"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh fuck yeah. The tickets are already worth the ridiculous amount of money I paid. This is better than the time I took my winter coat out of storage (read: the closet) and found a Snickers in the pocket.

Ok, almost better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home