Friday, March 30, 2007

It Helps Me Express My Feelings

So, upon hearing the news that my physical therapist is less and less optimistic every time that he sees me that my spinal cord damage can be fixed without surgery, how did I react?

First, I let my opinions on surgery be heard.


Then I thought I would try and meditate through deep breathing and returning to the comfort of my yoga practice:


But I just hurt too much.

The Object was committing rampant acts of douchebaggery, so I thought I'd pick a fight with him:

But then he pushed me around Dupont Circle on his skateboard. How could I be mad at him?

I thought I might have a drink:

But I was too tired to walk to the liquor store.

I realized what I wanted was a distraction from the physical and emotional pain. I'd really thought I was on the mend, and that things were looking up for a sah-weet summer surfing and climbing. Now my summer was looking more and more like it was going to be moved indoors, since the last time I checked, physicians perform surgery neither at the beach nor at the crag. I needed something to fight for, something to believe in. I went home to think about how I could transcend my injury and turn it into something to change the world for the better- something to make life a little more worth living, if not for me, then somehow to benefit humanity.

But I pretty much just went home and laughed at I Can Has Cheezburger all night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I hope that you get better soon and that you don't need surgery. Please let me know if there's any good news.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home