Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Immeasureable Appreciation


"This trial has not been about religion or a vendetta. It was simply about child abuse and preventing further abuse. I hope that all FLDS girls and women will understand that, no matter what anyone may say, we are created equal.
"You do not have to surrender your rights or your spiritual sovereignty. I know how hard it is, but please stand up and fight for your voice and power of choice, I will continue to fight for you."
I can't talk about Elissa Wall without getting choked up. The respect I have for her is so great that I'm not even sure how to convey it in words. But on behalf of the child abuse survivors everywhere, who know precisely what such a trial does to a family with religious convictions, thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Bird said...

A proposed settlement in that lawsuit calls for...the creation of a $1 million education/assistance fund for teens displaced from the polygamous community

A pretty amazing move on her part. Brave, too.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home