Monday, October 01, 2007

Clerical Error

I could have told you back in first grade that being smart was no more than an excuse to be lazy. It's around the time I stopped doing my homework, having decided to rest on the laurels of the i.q. test that declared me a sort of wunderkind. (The test said I was brilliant, but the test administrators said that I was just really, really good at faking being smart. Guess who was right?)

But I also could have told you what nipped it in the bud- a smack on the hands from a stern nun. So there you go, the problem of modern education: not enough child abuse on the part of the clergy.

By the way, fun project for when you're bored at work: take all the online i.q. tests out there and marvel at how much your scores vary from one to another. Realize that your i.q. means jack shit and that if you want to get ahead in life, you should stop dicking around with internet quizzes and actually do some work. Or you could just spend your morning doing what I'm doing, namely, trawling the internets to discover if felting is the new grey, which is what yesterday's Crafty Bastards fair would have us believe.

2 Comments:

Blogger pia said...

i disagree. I think the crafty bastards theme was twofold. Cartoon little girls (and a mermaid) projectile vomiting AND squid.
Weird, but true. I saw at least two booths of each. but, sadly, didn't see you!

11:03 AM  
Blogger dara said...

What I took away from this year's Crafty Bastards was that (1) people will really buy anything, and (2) there are too many people in DC. What I did not take away was a purchase.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home