Thursday, January 08, 2009

These Are Troubled Times

Not long before Christmas, the Object and his bike had a tussle with a car. The Object is fine; he came away with a broken and sprained wrist (talented, no?), a separated shoulder, and a smooshed noggin. Lesson to all the kids out there: wear your helmet, because no one at the DC ER cares about your head on a Saturday night, and your capable and adorable girlfriend can't do a damn thing stuck in San Francisco with internet that doesn't recognize google as valid.

Happily, he's ok. Still, I cant' help but worry that the knock on the head left him a little daft. A smattering of things I have found myself saying to him over the past few weeks:
  • Was that Fox News calling you for an interview?
  • Why are you being so nice to the cat? You're going to confuse him!
  • Did you just whisper sweet nothings to your coffee?
  • Are you sure you're eating enough?
  • I know I made dinner, but why don't you go play Wii while I do the dishes?
  • You can't just waltz in the door five hours after I expec--gasp do I smell burritos on your breath?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure it is the Object that is so daft. you didn't say the Object said these crazy things, merely that they were said TO the Object. but the craziness is in the utterances, not their target.
-ie

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home