Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Also, A Certain Lott Was Driven Out

DC had its first "snow" of the year, an event involving less than an inch of snow on the ground. Naturally, the city shut down. The midwesterners of our fair city were finally vindicated when the new POTUS interrupted a briefing this morning to comment:
"As my children pointed out, in Chicago, school is never canceled," Obama said to laughter. "In fact, my 7-year-old pointed out that you'd go outside for recess. You wouldn't even stay indoors. So, I don't know. We're going to have to try to apply some flinty Chicago toughness."
Flinty toughness? You'd think that wouldn't be necessary in a city that's built almost entirely out of marble. But to those who think DC is a Sodom and/or Gomorrah, our icy roads should evidence a serious lack of salt pillars, much less fire and brimstone reigning down.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Malia just told DC to sack up. I couldn't agree more. -ie

2:53 PM  
Blogger The Goo said...

WJLA is reporting that it was Sasha who made the comment; I find it a little dubious that a seven-year old would look a snow day in the plow.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home