Friday, December 01, 2006

Oops

I realized after I had posted yesterday that I was rash in telling you the only Christmas musicks you really need are Britten and John Denver and the Muppets. I forgot to include two very important albums: A Carnegie Hall Christmas with Kathleen Battle and Fredericka Von Stade and Kathleen Battle. Also, A Charlie Brown Christmas with Vince Guaraldi. There is actually probably more out there.

Sad disclosure: Sufjan's Christjan Christmas Jamboree, as 462 disc set of your kinda sucks a lot. But can you blame him? If I were famous and/or talented, I would totally make a Christmas album with Once in Royal David's City and all my other favorite kind of obscure Christmas carols.

Furthermore, I have decided, after having listened to the John Denver and the Muppets singingthe Beach Boys Little Saint Nick, that henceforth all Brian Wilson songs should be sung by muppetry.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Bird said...

Wow. Kathleen Battle plays twice on one record? Impressive.

6:32 PM  
Blogger The Goo said...

Yes, she actually plays several times. And wears a freakishly poofy red dress.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home