Thursday, June 28, 2007

We Could Also Form A House Subcommittee to Appropriate Funds For Head-in-Ass Disease

I don't have a lot of regrets in my life; I'm generally quite happy with the woman I've grown up to be. But as I look back on my high school years with the myopia of a decade of "wisdom", I do regret that I walked around so often with my head lodged firmly up my ass.

I'm also fairly certain that when I hit my mid-30's, I'll look back on my 20's and think the same thing, "Sigh, if only I hadn't been such an oblivious tool." Eh, whatcha gonna do?

And yet, there's hope for the future. Probably not mine; I'm doomed. But it looks like the youngsters of today have been adequately instructed on the proper methods of extracting one's head from one's ass. Dan Schorr will tell you the story much better than I.

And the White House Response? It would seem that Our Fair Leader, El Presidente, is damning himself to a lifetime of myopic headhanging, too:
White House spokesman Dana Perino said Bush let the student know "the United States does not torture and that we value human rights," a statement seemingly contradicted by Bush's signing statement which gave him power to largely ignore a Congressional ban on torture spearheaded by Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).
I wonder if Bush is really, really regretting his push for educational reform. The good news for Bush is that when it's all said and done, even his educational reform will be a failure, and that can only be a good thing for him. See, the smarter kids get, the more they'll realize that the Bush Administration will leave behind one of the worst legacies in the entirety of American History. James Buchanan/Warren Harding bad.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Bird said...

When I was in high school, we barely knew anything about Clinton aside from the fact that he liked burgers and women. We figured that was good enough for us, I guess.

About 5 years ago, when my brother was a sophomore at the same school, he told me that it was "totally lame to like Bush" and that one kid even got beat up because he was a pro-war Republican.

Mind you, this is NOT a liberal area I grew up in. Consistently, area townships voted Republican for all local offices, and Republican Jim Saxton has had his house seat for as long as I can remember.

Kids have come a long way.

2:45 PM  
Blogger The Goo said...

A. I love it that the doves beat the crap out of the hawk. Pacifism NOW!

B. Interesting that your little bro is smarter than you, considering that the older sibling is the smartest.

3:27 PM  
Blogger The Bird said...

They're not pacifists by any stretch of the imagination. Little thugs will beat you like you stole their last cookie.

They are just sick of their brothers, sisters, friends, cousins, uncles, and parents getting shot up in Eye-Rak.

3:52 PM  
Blogger The Goo said...

Don't worry, our troops our fightin' fer a good cause, and we all know it was worse under Saddam. http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/2007/06/but-it-was-worse-under-saddam.html

And no, I do not have a recurring nightmare that tanks are pulling up to my house to kidnap me and take me to battle in my brother's battalion.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home