Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I've Solved the Project Runway Mystery

For those of you who live in a hole, actually work at work, or are too busy playing FIFA 2006
the scandal on Project Runway will be revealed this week, and the conflagration of rumors on the interweb has not yet come to an adequate speculation of who will be kicked off for "being naughty"(Do you think Heidi Klum gets paid extra by the advertisers every time Bravo airs the damn commercial with he cooing about someone being naughty?).

Until now.

Check it- from last week's challenge, wherein the designers had to make up an outfit for a dog and its owner:

"Pattycake" was Angela's dog. Notice the resemblance to a certain oft-blogged muppet?
Let me break it down for you. Crazy Angela, who I really, really, really wanted to like, since she's the happy veggie farmer-designer who had potential to be the cool, quirky, granola-y fashionista, and a complementary point-of-view to Jay, actually seems to be an incompetent snarky whiner. And while the bubble skirt was cute once1, she needs to come up with something that wasn't featured in the Delia's Spring 2005 catalogue. As it turns out, in last week's episode, she traded out her little accessory2 doggie with a muppet to sway the judges. Conniving, n'est pas? The worst part? Neither Nina Garcia nor Ivanka Trump were ever children, so it was totally lost on them.



I nicked the Pattycake pic from Fourfour. Even if you don't watch Project Runway, you need to read the blog to understand why the peeps love the show. Unicorn parking!




1 That time was 1987, three months before my First Communion. Our school sent us home with a catalogue of the latest First Communion styles- 47 glossy color pages of seven year-old girls pretending to be brides, two paper black-and-white pages of boys- and the fashion for holy little girls everywhere that year was definitely the bubble skirt. Too bad that, unbeknownst to me, shortly after my birth, my mother had arranged for a convent in Ireland to handmake my First Communion dress out of antique lace from my great-grandmother's wedding dress. I was so pissed off. Stupid Amber Silva had the bubble dress AND crimped hair. I hope she works at Hooters now.


2 I would like to see other animal accessories on fashion icons- I think a wisecracking parrot, a la Iago in Aladdin would add a je ne sais quoi to the image of someone like Vera Wang- just a little extra touch of class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home